Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha. What do they all have in common? Some believe they are interchangeable. In essence, they believe Jesus is “just another religious leader.” This video below published by Tom the Preacher explores ways Jesus is far from just another good teacher.
Ways Jesus Differ From Other ‘Religious Leaders’
- Jesus Claimed to be God: Other religious leaders claimed to hear from God. However, they stopped short of claiming to be deity themselves. Jesus was different. He claimed to be divine.
- Jesus Validated His Claims: Jesus backed up his claims through various, amazing miracles. In Matthew 11:4-5, Jesus speaks about this as He addresses a question posed by John about whether or not He was the Son of God. The verses read, “Jesus replied, ‘Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.”
- Jesus Lived a Sinless Life: Other religious leaders did some pretty bad things on occasion. Jesus didn’t sin, though. This fact was pointed out by Pilate during Jesus’ sentencing. He said, “I see no wrong in this man” in Luke 23:4. Judas also claims he betrayed an innocent man.
- Jesus Died For Our Sins: Other religious leaders died a natural death. However, Jesus, at the young age of 33, went to the cross on His own to die for our sins. He became an innocent sacrifice for us. No one else, no other leader, has done this.
- Jesus Arose: Every other religious leader, remains in their tombs. They didn’t come back from the grave. Jesus is different in that God the Father raised Him from the grave.
Jesus is amazingly different from other religious leaders. Praise the Lord!