2 Timothy 3:16 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.”
God’s word is infallible. This fact is vital to proving various aspects of Christianity. After all, without the infallibility of the Word of God, it is much harder to prove the truth of the gospel or the Old Testament. The following are nine discoveries that confirm the validity of the Bible. Watch the video published by World Video Bible School to see the points in their entirety:
- Discovery 1: The Pilate Inscription: An inscription of “Pontius Pilatus…Prefect of Judea” was discovered on an ancient tablet by archeologists. Of course, this exact person is mentioned several times in the gospels for his role in the crucifixion of Christ. This archeological find proves the existence of a person who served a key role in life of Christ and played a key role in the gospel story.
- Discovery 2: Hezekiah’s Tunnel: Hezekiah was a King who famously created a tunnel under Jerusalem, which is mentioned in 2 Chronicles 32:30. A tunnel that perfectly matches the biblical description of the tunnel was found under the city of Jerusalem, proving another part of the Bible to be historically accurate.
- Discovery 3: Taylor Prism: A clay cylinder was discovered, covered in ancient writings. Within this writing, Hezekiah, the Jew, is mentioned, along with his dealings with King Sennacherib. This cylinder was supposedly created by Sennacherib, King of Assyria, the same one mentioned in 2 Chronicles 32:1. The fact that this discovery was made validates yet another element of Old Testament history.
- Discovery 4: David Inscription: Avraham Biran discovered an ancient tablet that had an inscription that said “from the house of David.” Prior to this discovery, there was no evidence of King David existing, historically outside of the Bible. However, this discovery is archeological evidence of the King’s existence.
- Discovery 5-9: Watch the video in its entirety for the rest of nine amazing discoveries that validate the Bible.